Buying and driving an EV is exciting. And, it becomes more exciting when you have a Tesla car. Unlike IC engine cars, EVs need to be recharged regularly.
And, charging EVs comes with an extra cost. Also, with increased demand for EVs, people are looking for a faster way to charge their vehicles.
Thanks! to Tesla, they have the biggest network of the fast-charger network around the globe.
With Tesla Superchargers, you can charge your cars in a few minutes depending on the type of Tesla Model you have.
As mentioned earlier, the charge comes with an extra cost. So, many people look for discounts and offers.
What if someone got a way to charge their Tesla free? Yes, you can charge your Tesla free by the following methods.
Here are some eligibility criteria for free Tesla Supercharging as mentioned on their official website.
Eligibility for free Tesla supercharging
- If you have participated in the Tesla referral program you may be eligible for free supercharging miles. To check your eligibility and expiration date, you need to check in the Tesla app.
- If you got your delivery from Dec 15 – 31, 2022, you are eligible to get 10,000 miles of free supercharging. Bravo!
- The time it takes to charge a Tesla with a supercharger
- Tesla now operates the largest fast-charging network in the world
Note: Free supercharging of Tesla is not transferable. Meaning, you can not expect to transfer free supercharging to any other Tesla owner. So, keep this in mind. Also, the expiration date is for 2 years after the date of delivery. So, get your free Tesla supercharging within 2 years once you got your delivery.
What if your free Supercharging get expired?
In this case, you will have to pay as per Tesla’s supercharging plan.
What if you are eligible for unlimited free Tesla Supercharging?
You may be eligible for Tesla Unlimited supercharging. To check this, follow these steps.
- You need to sign in to your Tesla account
- In your Tesla account next to the vehicle, go to ‘Manage’ and then select ‘View Details.’
- There you will find your supercharging status. And this status can be either Free Unlimited, Timebound Supercharging, or Pay-Per-Use. If you find free unlimited supercharging, it means you are eligible for this.
In case, your Tesla free supercharging got expired. You have to pay as per the plan.
Here are some payment methods supported:
- American Express
- Diners Card